Counselling service

There are various counseling services for students, from general counseling (psychological or social counseling) to specific offers for each subject and each course of study (including teaching). The student council initiative is of course happy to be the first point of contact - in the student council room 1'108 or by email:

Studential advisory service for Physics

f you have any questions that directly concern the physics course, it is best to contact the student advisory service at the Institute of Physics. Ms. Voitz-Wiedau is currently giving you answers to your questions regarding the organization of your studies and other subject-related questions as a subject advisor. You can find the office hours on the department's website. It is best to simply make an appointment by email (

Professorial student advisory service for physics

At the physics department there is also a professorial student advisory service. You can find the respective contact here.

University student counseling in general

The central student advisory service at the HU can answer questions relating to "how & where" at the university in general. Here you will find information on the course catalogue, on application and enrollment and on psychological counseling at the HU. You will also find a detailed FAQ there.

Student social counseling system from the RefRat

The RefRat of the HU offers a whole advisory system. In addition to BAföG, studying with children, studying with disabilities, foreign students and many other topics are advised there. There is also the opportunity to discuss legal questions with a lawyer during a consultation hour. You can find dates on the RefRat consultation page or directly:

  • BAföG advice and child support(students over the age of 18 are also entitled to child support under some conditions): Link
  • Advice on teaching and studying - if there are problems with the process that are no longer of a technical but of a legal nature, e.g. objections and lawsuits against examination results: Link
  • General legal advice: Link
  • Advice if you are overwhelmed: Link

Campus office Adlershof

The Adlershof campus office is located in building 2 of the Johann von Neumann building (mathematics, IT and cafeteria building), Rudower Chaussee 25, on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Here you will find various advisory services from the HU and the RefRat office in Adlershof. There is also a semester ticket and Bafög advice.